Celtic disappointed with postponement
Bloemfontein Celtic have expressed their disappointment at the cancellation of an international tournament scheduled for this past weekend.
Swedish TV company IEC had promised to bring international teams to Bloemfontein for a four-team event, but in the end could not complete the deal in time. Turkish side Galatasaray and Spanish La Liga outfit Espanyol had been mentioned in reports.
“As a club we are very disappointed about the postponement. We were looking forward to competing against the best teams from Europe this weekend but that was not to be.” Celtic CEO Khumbulani Konco said.
David Broomhall, spokesperson for IEC, said: “The tournament fixed for July 21 and 22 in Bloemfontein has been postponed. The postponement is due to the complexity of the organisation of such a high profile international sporting event.
“The Organising Committee are, however, confident that the Mangaung tournament will definitely happen next year. We will confirm new dates for 2013 as soon as they are available.”